Thursday, September 6, 2007

Cavite, the True Anting-anting Capital of the Philippines

Remember "Nardong Putik", "Kapitan Inggo" and the other roles Ramon Revilla portrayed wherein he is invinsible because of "anting-anting. Well, I know someone who really possesses one. They say, most of the locals in Amadeo, Cavite have anting-anting. Wether it is used for protection or criminal activities. No wonder many of the folks I have seen there live very long. My fiance's lola and her sister are already 85 and 88 years old respectively and I don't see any signs of total weakness. One instance is when I saw the older lola get one piece of ripe santol, and opened it with her bare hands by piercing her finger into the skin and opening it. Amazing huh? Considering her old and crooked hands due to old age. Even I coudn't do it that way. I have to squeeze the fruit and force it to open. My father-in-law-to-be even told me they have it. They're just waiting to pass it to the "Chosen One" before they leave this world.

Are these powers given from the One above or black magic?

1 comment:

Jing said...

My dad's from Cavite. I don't know if he actually believes in them but I found 2 amulets lying around the house as a kid. He gave them to me since I found them.

Most of the pictures of amulets I see on the net show them bare, but I wonder if a number of others cover them in cloth like the ones I found. When I took the cloth off, the air was full of some powder like stuff floating around... don't know it that's accumulated dust or dust intentionally inserted in the covering and got released when I opened it. Any inputs on that?

I still have them although I have no idea what they're supposed to be for. Actually, I'm not predisposed to believe that they actually work. They're just nice to look at. Ha ha ha.